The difficult fourth album!
I know, it’s usually the second one, the one they call the sophomore album, but I got that one out of the way without too many problems. Looking back, that one was probably even the easiest. And now, sitting in my studio and listening to the material I’ve written in the last couple of years the fourth one could be my best one yet, so what’s holding me back?
When I look back at the first three albums I can see that every one of them had a specific purpose. I don’t consider them perfect. In fact, I hardly ever listen to them and only play one out of those 35 songs live, but they were all important in their own right. They are all my little children, but the question is: Have I always been a good parent to them? Over the next few days I want to look back to those old albums so I can look forward to the new one.
No comments:
Post a Comment